Kids are hungry. Let me say that again. Kids are hungry ALL THE TIME! My little ones run constantly and burn off calories at a speed that makes me more jealous than I can even begin to explain. I am a busy mom with four little ones (age 6 and under), a part-time job, my business, and a million other things on my plate. Keeping them fed with healthy or at least healthy(ish) options feels overwhelming at times. I have been sharing these fun Grab-N-Go Snack Cups on my Instagram stories every Sunday for my Sunday Food Prep day. I will continue to post there, and I’ll add to this list. I hope this gives you some ideas!
Having portioned snacks kept in an easy to reach location on the counter or a low shelf in the refrigerator has become my go to when my kids scream “Mom, I’m hungry!”, and I am right in the middle of another task. The rule is only one at a time, and they have to eat everything inside. I made this rule because otherwise they would dig out the chocolate chips and leave the almonds behind. Umm, no! Those are expensive and the part that is keeping you full longer.
***Tip- These make great snacks for me too!
^Drizzle with honey for added health benefits and an extra yummy flavor!^
^These are good warmed or cold. Just be careful, because the microwave will get them really hot, really fast.^
- Here are a few of the things I love to use for food prep and grab and go snacks.
- We love Green Sprouts Meal Prep & Storage products!
- Ninja Express Chop is what I use for quick blending and mixing.
- Oxo Tot Grape Cutter is a tool I use really often for grapes and tomatoes.
- Egg Slicer makes prepping boiled eggs easier for salads and for my toddler. It also works great on soft fruits like kiwi!
- If you are using reusable storage containers, I have found a great label system for keeping track of them when you leave the house. These labels are adorable, and they are microwave and dishwasher safe! Mabel’s Labels
*This post contains affiliate links. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking the links. I only share products and resources I have used and love! Thanks for all your love and support!
3 Comments Add yours