Just like every baby item you shop for, choosing the right pack-n-play/ playard is overwhelming. As you start to search, too many options come up. There are some with rockers, changers, storage, sound, vibration, and all the bells and whistles. There are different price points, colors, and brands. Let me start by breaking it down this way for you.
- Do you need a secondary nursery set-up in your home? Maybe the nursery is upstairs, and you want something on your main level. Will your pack-n-play remain primarily in this location?
- Do you need a pack-n-play for travel? Do you vacation often? Will you be going back and forth to Grandma and Grandpas?
- Do you need to be able to move your pack-n-play around your home often? Will you be use it outside for play? Will it be baby’s safe space while you shower or cook? Do you have older children that need boundaries to keep baby safe?
If you plan to use your pack-n-play as a baby station away from the nursery, you can choose any pack-n-play you like. Look around for color and pattern options you like and can possibly go with your decor (if that matters to you). Decide what features are important to you. Maybe you need a lot of extra storage, or you hope to have a rocker that can be moved around the house. Enjoy! Shop away!
Option #2 and #3
If your pack-n-play needs to be easy to move on the go, the 4Moms Breeze is your option. The fold is amazing! With one hand, you can reach in and fold or unfold the playard. This is huge when you are traveling. When you arrive at your destination and baby is ready for bed, being able to without hassle prepare baby’s bed is a game changer. If you have helpers (cough cough Grandma and Grandpa), there shouldn’t be a need for you to walk them through every step of the process.
I am momma to four amazing kiddos. They all want to help with baby. That is great, except my oldest is six years old. That means there are times that I really need her to be safe without fear that someone else is trying to carry her across the room or feed her a cheerio at two months old. Now that she is crawling I need even more help because I don’t know where she is wandering off to while I try to take a shower (for 30 seconds). I move the pack-n-play all over the house with ease.
If you are option number one, the 4Moms can still be a great option for you. The Plus comes with a removable bassinet and changer. You can purchase the diaper storage caddy to hang from the side. Or you can purchase a cute little storage unit to keep by the Breeze for all things baby needs. I also recommend buying the waterproof sheets for spit up or pee that might end up on the mattress.
I hope this is helpful in narrowing down your decision! Just one little thing to make mom life a bit easier.
- 4Moms Breeze Plus (with Bassinet and Changing Station)
- 4Moms Breeze Classic (with Bassinet)
- 4Moms Breeze GO
*This post contains affiliate links. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking the links. I will only link products and resources that I have used and really like. Thanks for all your love and support!