Make ahead lunch bowls are one of my favorite mom hacks. As a busy mom of four, it is easy to forget to feed myself. I function better when I am able to open the refrigerator, grab a meal, and eat when I can.
Here is what’s in this bowl:
- Salmon- Baked at 400° for 10-12 minutes, seasoned with minced onion, salt, and pepper
- White Rice- Cooked in chicken, beef, or vegetable broth, add sesame seed oil for extra flavor
- Cucumber & Carrots- Shred/ Slice in thin strips (I use my peeler or my food processor with the shred attachment)
- Avocado- Fresh and cut into chunks (or use guacamole)
- Cilantro- Chopped fine
- Green Onion- Chopped
- Sesame Seed- Sprinkled on top
- Soy Sauce- Drizzled on top
Here are other ingredients ideas to add to the bowl:
- Yum Yum Sauce
- Corn Salsa
Instead of Salmon Try:
- Teriyaki Chicken
- Teriyaki Steak
- I personally don’t use raw options when I make it at home, but it is an option!
Always read your labels when dealing with a specific diet or food restriction, but here are some ideas.
For a Dairy Free Bowl:
- This recipe is dairy free (double check your broth)
- In the extra options avoid yum yum sauce
- Also use caution with teriyaki sauce
For a Soy Free Bowl:
- Double check your broth as some might have soy (especially vegetable broth)
- Avoid Soy Sauce
- In the extras avoid Yum Yum Sauce, Teriyaki Sauce, and Edamame
For a Vegan Bowl:
- Be sure to cook rice in vegetable broth or water instead of chicken or beef
- Skip the meat/ fish or use tofu
If you follow along with my lunch bowl series, my goal is to get you comfortable playing around with different food combinations. Food can be more fun when you have variety and aren’t stuck using the same recipe over and over. Enjoy! And don’t forget to feed yourself momma!!