Shelter in Place is a term none of us were expecting to take over Spring of 2020. Covid-19 has left a lot of parents wondering how to help little ones through this new routine. We are working on a whole lot of love and snuggles in this house, but we are also trying to find ways to keep the kids entertained. We have 4 kids age 7 and under, so we are learning creativity right along with them!
Here are 10 items to keep your little ones busy:
- Coloring Books
- Crayons, Markers, Colored Pencils
- Kinetic Sand
- Water Beads (These are perfect for sensory bins. Add toys you already have at home.)
- Stamps (We love Melissa and Doug! There are so many options available.)
- Waldo Books (Any seek and find books are great, but we love Waldo in our house! It might be a little difficult for the preschool age. This Paw Patrol Look and Find book is awesome too.)
- Safety Scissors and Glue Sticks (This pack of scissors has different shapes for fun while cutting.)
- Construction Paper
- Puzzles (Again, we love Melissa and Doug and all the options they have.)
Here are a couple of tips to go along with the items:
- Get a binder to save their artwork during this time. We have a binder for each kiddo so they can look back on it later. I’m sure this will be a time that will be talked about for the rest of their lives. On top of what they are creating, I am writing them notes for them so as adults they can get a better picture of what it was like.
- Don’t be frustrated if you can’t hold their attention for long. The toddler, preschool, and kindergarten age is a stage of life when their brains move on quickly. No big deal. Just finish projects the next time you come back to it.
- Have fun with them! I love to sit and color or cut out shapes. Watch the way they get excited. It will bring you joy too.
Prayers, Love, and Social Distance Hugs Sent Your Way!
*For more information on Covid-19 please check out CDC for current updates. Stay safe!
*This post contains affiliate links. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking the links. Thank you for all your love and support!