Maybe it is Taco Tuesday and you forgot to get a seasoning packet at the store. Or it could be that you are tired of all the junk ingredients listed next to the words you actually understand on prepackaged seasoning. This recipe is full of ingredients that are typically in your pantry already plus a few fresh items. It is great for 1lb of chicken or ground beef. I haven’t had a chance to try it on fish or shrimp tacos yet, but I bet it would be good with those too! And it would be a really great sauce for Vegan Veggie Tacos!
Ingredients (For 1lb of Meat):
- 1/4 White Onion
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 Lime Freshly Squeezed
- 1 Handful of Cilantro
- 1/2tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1tsp Cumin
- 1tsp Oregano
- 1tsp Chili Powder
- 1tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2tsp Sea Salt
- 1tsp Olive Oil
- 2Tbsp Water
- Mix all ingredients together in a food processor. I love my Ninja Food Chopper Express for small recipes like this! It makes cleanup easier and quicker.
- Mix seasoning with cooked meat in a Saute Pan on high for 1 minute. (Stir frequently so it doesn’t stick to the pan or burn.)
- Turn temperature to low and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
* This is a great recipe to make in bulk and freeze portions for later. The recipe above comes out to about 3/4 of a cup. Make a large batch, then freeze it into individual portions that you can grab later when you are in a hurry for taco night.
Allergy Note: Dairy, Soy, and Gluten free is always a plus in our house!
*This post contains affiliate links. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the links. Thanks for all your love and support!
You Might Also Like: